Monday, November 9, 2009

Cards of Love & Happiness!

Hi, Friends! I shared recently my altered cabinet cards and just how much fun they were to create.
Well, it got me to thinking of how a cabinet card of my Granddaughter would be a special little project to create, and here's the results!

I also had to make one for my daughter to keep too, and I just love this black and white photo of Madison, so I made another one for her...

And because we all need a little color in our lives, and because I was just having so much fun, I made a couple more!


And our little Christmas baby pose ( I STILL cannot believe she slept through these shots!)

These pictures were taken on my favorite piece of furniture I own, my hutch, where I have my vintage bride and groom cake topper collection! My son painted the room for me last week and I'm moving things around and trying to get it all put away and so I had to clean out and bring back in my collection today and it made me remember just why I love them so much, so I thought I'd share just a couple shots of my collection with you too!

I made this wedding cake out of paper mache boxes, scrapbook paper, and stenciled with Texture Magic, loved doing this project, it's just like icing!


Here is a set I found on ebay that I just went to the moon over when it arrived, and I think you can see why!

There's more, well, lots more, I tend to go overboard (my daughter Megan says so at least) but I'll stop there for today! Next post, hopefully I will have my room back together and can show you the before/after pictures of painting! It' SO much better now! Next is the bedroom, but my son Ben wants a break before he starts another huge job! I hope you're having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. I have several cabinet cards and have been wanting to do the same thing! You've inspired me to get going on them! They would be so beautiful hanging on the Christmas tree! Great post!
    Hugs and glitter, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should do this with some photos of my nephew! Thank you for the great idea

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete