Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Love Summer Magazines!

I just love when summer comes along and all the bright, sun-filled magazines hit the stands! There are so many ideas! Summer kabobs and strawberry cake recipes, summer crafts using seashells and patriotic Fourth of July themes, summer decorating with bright cheerful colors to tempt us to repaint our own walls and summer clothing that is light and airy, flirty and cute!
Today I picked up a new magazine this summer 2009, Phyllis Hoffman's Celebrate Summer!
Photobucket
This magazine SCREAMS SUMMER!!!! Yeah! There were fresh photos saying take a vacation, hit the beach!
Photobucket
And there were Ice Cream recipes, Strawberry!, a staple of summer fruits....
Photobucket
And there were beautiful photos of light summery treats!
Photobucket
I just love to aimlessly spend a few hours at the beginning of summer thumbing through the desserts, dreams and photos of warm summer days to come!
It brought to mind one of my past FAVORITE Magazines, Home Companion by Mary Englebreit!
I so miss her magazines, her July issue was always so inspiring and was right on with my view of a perfect July day! Oh, I wish someone would pick up publishing Home Companion again!
Here's a touch of Mary Englebreit and SUMMER!
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment