Friday, March 12, 2010

Pink Arboretum Saturday!

Hi Friends, I had a lovely Friday at the Dallas Arboretum with my girlfriends, daughters and Grandbaby. My friend Maria prayed to the saints of (weather, flowers, good luck) all week so we'd have a pretty sunshiny day here in Dallas, and it worked! Just a gorgeous Spring Day!
Of course you talk Arboretum, you're talking flowers, which seems to be my theme lately! So here's my Pink gathering of blooms to share today on this lovely Pink Saturday at Beverly's House...
Perfumes are the feelings of flowers.
                                                                    Heinrich Heine
Each flower is a soul opening out to nature.
                                                                  Gerald De Nerval
When bright flowers bloom
                                                 Parchment crumbles, my words fade
                                                           The pen has dropped ...
                                                                      Morpheus
The Earth Laughs in Flowers
                                                             Ralph Waldo Emerson
I will be the gladdest thing under the sun!
                                                     I will touch a hundred flowers
                                                                 And not pick one.
                                                             Edna St. Vincent Millay
                                     Flowers are the sweetest things God
                                    ever made and forgot to put a soul into.
                                                      Henry Ward Beecher, Life Thoughts
I just HAD to share the sweetest Mommy/Baby picture ever of
my daughter Megan and Madison.
Happy Pink Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, it looks like you had a wonderful time at the Dallas Arboretum with the gang. Lovely flowers! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Suzie..... You all must have had a fabulous day at the Arboretum... What beautiful flowers... We only have a few crocuses 'trying' to bloom so far. Spring will be late for us since we've had such cold weather this winter. I can't wait though!!!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you come back anytime. Hubby and I are retired and we love traveling, hiking (waterfalling), birding, and gardening. Hubby grows roses and we have other beautiful spring and summer flowers. Come back anytime.

    Love the picture of your daughter and granddaughter.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the quotes, love the flowers, love your photo effects. What a gorgeous and happpy post. Happy Mother's Day (UK) to you, daughter and granddaughter.

    Happy Pink Saturday (on Sunday, sorry - still visiting...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice - Happy late Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete