Monday, August 30, 2010

Calendar 2011

Don't you love when you complete a project, that feeling of accomplishment and just enjoyment of the whole creative process? I finished up my calendar for 2011 and wanted to share the last few months with you!
I had left off a few postings back on the beginnings of August. Of course, August represents Summer and sunshine, so yellow and bright, bright was the theme...
                            I used my Slice machine to create the numbers using a very cheery summer paper!
September, of course, harkens in Fall and I felt the usual autumnal colors of oranges, browns, etc....
(don't you just love the word "autumnal"? I do!) but also I used metallic golds and silvers and bronzes...
October was a lot of fun!
We have the start of our Holidays and I wanted to reflect that...

Isn't my Halloween decoration cute?
I got the directions from ever-so-cute Elizabeth at Creative Breathing!
Next of course is beautiful November and a season of Thanks...

I decided to deconstruct the page and use the actual calendar outline as my guide to cut squares and
re-construct the page back together again. I liked it!

The gorgeous autumnal paper set and glitter leaves from Michaels craft store really zinged it up!
For December, I broke the rules!
I had purchased a while back a peek-a-boo window cartridge for my Sizzix and I really had a vision of it becoming my month for a countdown calendar...

So I abandoned the idea of representing the actual amount of days in December and which days they correspond to and went with a countdown calendar instead!
I mean it is all about getting to the 25th when it's December anyways, right?!
I added vintage holiday cuties behind the windows...

Fun!
Now I promised my daughter I'd finish up her curtains I began for her, like, maybe six months ago!
She's a little impatient! Ha!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment