Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Creating Anew this week and a few treasures!

I literally feel shut out of life if I am not able to create something, anything, to make me feel creative.
I'm pretty much the same way about having a book to read too!
This week I decided to create with a gift from my friend Gail that she gave me for my birthday,
a blank calendar to create from scratch.
It's rather daunting looking at an all white page and knowing where to begin.
Recently I read about color and it's impact in our lives as far as nature, our homes, our moods...
So I began there and thought about color as it's connected to the months of the year...
So to me, January is white, maybe a bit of blue, ice cold, and sparkly, like snowflakes...
Birds are dreaming of Spring, the world colors are muted...

Then, of course, February is pink and red, warmer because of L-O-V-E...

Hearts are spreading the vibrancy of the color of February...

I'm about to begin March, I feel "green" a light Irish Green!
I thought I'd share a few of the treasures I found at Canton this past month too...
A gorgeous piano roll paper in it's original box...

Isn't the patina of the paper fantastic?!
Made my heart sing!

This I don't know what it is, but I saw it as a station for paintbrushes and glitter tubes!

Then I bought a few goodies from the vendor night too at A gilded Life...
I saw the colors of this vintage French map and said YES!

And a little silver container to hold doo-dads is always on my list of
necessities...

A hand painted vintage box from a French flea market...
the lettering is just so ever slightly raised...

And several pages of handwritten French script, including the penmanship lessons of a child
from long ago...
how beautiful!

Well, I will leave you now and return to my heart's delight of creating!
I hope you will come visit me again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment