Monday, June 7, 2010

Tummy Happiness!

I'm in a cooking mood today, but NOT for the complicated long drawn out recipe. I need an easy Summer recipe and dessert, don't you agree?!
I found this Paula Deen Mexican Black Bean Lasagna from her magazine, but online at this link too!
Aren't the colors just so bright and Summery?!!

I had a little bit of the veggie hamburger in the freezer...

If you haven't tried this, DO! It's REALLY good and Healthy for you!
Next I mixed up the sour cream and ricotta and cumin...

Then you layer corn tortillas, creme sauce, veggies and shredded Mexican Cheese...

This casserole dish is an heirloom to me, it was my Mother's...
You cook at 375 degrees for 20 minutes after you get done with layering...

Then I had some strawberries that needed to be used today...
slice them up...

And whip up heavy cream.
Is there anything prettier in a picture than whipped heavy cream?!!!

Can I show you too my beautiful Blue Ridge platter I'm going to serve dessert on?!

I Love the ease of store bought crepes, PERFECT from the package!

Fill the crepes and roll up, so pretty!

Ok, I shouldn't show you, but if you know me, you know I LOVE my English Springer Spaniels and
well, they love a treat too once in a while...

Ollie on your left and Cody on the right, it's a contest to clean off the beater!
THIS is why they love Mama, but, NO, they don't eat things like this all the time
but the dessert was fancy so they deserve a taste, don't you agree?
Please join me tomorrow for Tool Tuesday and show me what you're making by linking up!
See ya on Tuesday!

1 comment: